Monday 27 April 2015

Student Association, Student Ambassador and Associate Mentor!

So today I thought I’d do something different, I thought I’d tell you guys about what I’m trying to get involved in and maybe it might make you guys think about going to do the same things, if you have these kind of ‘schemes’ set up in your college.

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve applied for the student association and student ambassador positions in my college. Being a student ambassador is almost like being a prefect, well it seems like it to me and it is supposed to be a good experience. It’s also something I can put down on my UCAS application, but that’s not the only thing that is motivating me to go for it. I’ve always been that kid that wanted to help out in my school, however in this case its college.

The student association though, that’s what I’m really gunning for, this is something that is extremely beneficial to me and other people in my college. I would essentially become part of how the college is run, I and everyone else in the association would take issues, or ideas, to whoever we think would help and basically tell them what we think needs to change or improve. The student association also organises most of the events in college, for example some of the events in my college are pink day, little events or shops for red nose day, all that kind of stuff. You are essentially the go to students if something needs doing I guess. I don’t know much about the role just yet. But there’s a catch, you have to be elected. I’ve got to say, there is some competition but I think I’ll pull through.

I’m also trying to become an associate mentor for NCS this summer, I got an email about this around two weeks ago and instantly applied. From what I can gather from the information I’ve been given, this position is where you essentially help out the mentors in NCS. That’s all I know so far. I do want to do it non the less, because I really wish that I could do NCS again and this would be the closest I could get to that and it also gives me more experience, gives me the chance of possibly working for NCS and yet another thing to put on my CV and UCAS application.

Well these are the three things I’ve been trying to get involved in and I would be happy if I got just one of these positions. It’s something that’s different and worth doing so I thought why not at least try, because usually I don’t bother with these things because I never think I would get it. But I made it through shortlisting so you never know :)

Follow me on twitter! @Jayson__Knott



Comment if you have any questions or reach out on twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment